Sunday, February 3, 2013

2 Months...

It's crazy how fast time flies.  Just two months ago, I received my call to Japan, and just two months from now (exactly) I enter the MTC to begin my missionary experience.  Two months after that I'll fly to Japan.  Time really does pass by so fast I can hardly believe it.
Today my mind was opened to a great insight.  As I was strolling through Facebook I came upon an article someone posted entitled "Smart Mormons" and I highly recommend anyone to read it.  The entire article can be found here
I love how the writer so simply discusses Mormon theology in a nutshell and personally, I think he gets it down pretty square.  In Relief Society, one of the first questions the teacher asked was, "Think of a war that has happened in the past and what that war was fought for."  Immediately my heart pounded.  This is exactly what I read about this morning.  As people answered in the audience, many responded with the major well known wars such as WW1 and WW2, the Revolutionary War, Civil War, wars that happened in the Book of Mormon, etc. and how they were all fought for either religious freedom, liberty, life, family, etc.  And so I felt it only reasonable to mention the War in Heaven.  Because it's true, we fought up there for our Liberty.  Our right to choose.  Our agency. 
His main point was our fight for liberty.  Not only in this life but in our life in Heaven.  We fight for liberty now because it is FAMILIAR to us.  How amazing is this?  I've really never thought about it in this way.  All throughout history, man has fought for Liberty.  Just think of the countless wars we've had, not only now but in the past.  Think of the Book of Mormon and how often there were wars and people fighting for their lives, Liberty, and family.
 Thinking about this then made me think about others out there who either don't care to fight for Liberty or are fighting to take Liberty away.  I don't know the answer to the why but I am grateful for my current knowledge of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and my fight and stand for Liberty.  I truly and honestly believe this. 
I am very excited to go out into the world prepared to teach others about their own fight for Liberty and to bring them to a knowledge of their Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ, to know of his love for them and that he is there holding out his hand, waiting for us to just reach up and grasp it, waiting for us to hear his voice calling out to us, for us to open our ears and listen, open our eyes and see, open our hearts and understand.

~I know it.  I live it.  I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment